Saturday, July 28, 2012

Secrets for Long Torsos

I have a very long torso. With that comes the frustrating task of finding shirts that don't ride up or are even long enough in the first place. Thankfully with the way fashion is right now it's not as bad, but it can still be tough. I'm going to share my long torso secrets with you today. I know, you love me.

Here are my favorite basics and one little surprising secret...

Long Torso Basics

All three shirts are from Target. Their tanks and v-neck T's are my absolute favorite and fantastic for long torso'd people. They stay fitted but they are soft, comfy, thin, and long. They're great for layering or wearing on their own. They are cheap too! Now for the secret... Maternity shirts. Yes, you read that right. The thermal striped shirt is part of Target's maternity line. They are great because they have extra length and elasticity that helps to keep them from stretching out and getting baggy and from riding up.

Now onto some long torso tricks.


Long Torso Tricks

1). Higher waisted jeans. Wearing low riding jeans make your torso look unusually long and truncate your legs. Even if you have longer legs and a long torso it will still make  your legs look shorter and your torso longer. Wearing jeans that hit right on or above your hip bones helps to not only smooth out your stomach (if you need that) but also to balance out top and bottom.

2). Belts are a long torso'd persons best friend. They help to draw attention to your natural waist and make your torso look slightly shorter and your legs longer. I don't know about you guys, but sometimes dresses make me look pregnant because of my long torso. I've found that belts help to counteract that little problem. Also, they are a super fun accessory!

3). Longer flowy tops. The current trend of longer loose tops is a great thing for those of us who are blessed with a little extra length in our stomach area. They usually hit us at the perfect spot (right around the pockets of your pants) and don't swallow us up like they can shorter torso'd people. Love them. Embrace them.

So there you go. Enjoy your long torso because it helps make you look like you have a lean thinner stomach and you can always make it look shorter!

For those of you with a short torso, stay tuned. You're next.

1 comment:

  1. Great tips! I think I have a normal torso, but it is always great to learn tricks to look thinner.

    ReplyDelete