Friday, August 23, 2013

Trending Part 2

It may be two days after my first post on trending in some parts of the country, but in California it is still only a day later so I still kept my promise to get part 2 up!

1). Leopard Print Scarves: I saw this on the top 10 trending list and I thought "well, yeah!" I love leopard print in general, but leopard print scarves are just plain fun. The best part about them is that you can wear a super simple outfit and then put on a leopard print scarf and ta-dah! you're all glam'd up!
Behold:


This outfit on it's own is fine, but not super exciting. The scarf just adds a touch of glamour and print that spices up an otherwise ordinary outfit. That's the glory of leopard print. Just remember to use it sparingly. One piece of leopard print in an outfit is really all you need.  Wear to much of it and you'll look like Janice from Friends... Nobody wants that. 

2). Floppy Hats: This trend will make my sister very happy. To this trend I say, if you can pull it off, then rock it. Seriously. Not everyone can pull this look off, but if you're lucky enough to be able to do it than embrace that ability. 

Photo Credit: Nordstrom.com

Most of the time floppy, wide brimmed hats like this tend to be more of a spring/summer staple but you can do a fall/winter version of this as well. Look for felt and darker colors (or white). Generally stay away from straw if it's after summer. Also, watch the brim size or you'll look like this:


3). Floral Dresses:  This is another trend that I feel neither love nor hate towards. Floral has its place for sure and it's great if the clothing fits you well and it's appropriate for the occasion. Here is a great way to wear floral:


I LOVE this dress. The stripes at the bottom are my favorite. Floral can overwhelm but the stripes add texture and fun. Love the belt too. 

Here's how NOT to do floral:

Photo Credit: www.sheknows.com 

This is just bad. Way to much of a pattern and especially such a strong pattern. Also, one part is black underneath and the other is not... weird. 

So, as long as the floral pattern is not to intense and and you use it sparingly it's a good thing overall.

4). Army Jackets: This is another absolute love. I love army green and I love the casual aspect of these jackets. There are a ton of different styles that are still considered under the army jacket category so you can find the right one for you. The true army jacket style is really the best on guys, but you can wear more feminine styles of an otherwise masculine look. I have my eye on an anorak style army green jacket that I can't wait to get. Here is a great army jacket style for women.


Photo Credit: www.nordstrom.com

This look is casual but stylish. I love the dark jeans and the stripes with the simple jewelry. It's effortless but looks put together. It's also a great jacket when the weather is cool but not freezing. This is easy enough right?

5). Hidden Platforms: Just when you were thinking "this post is so mellow and calm and she seems to like everything..." we get to hidden platforms. I think I may dislike this trend more than any other. These shoes are hideous. Hideous I tell you! The platforms aren't hidden, they just look weird. Observe:

Photo Credit: www.hautelook.com

Can anyone else see the platform? Why do you need to wear sneakers that look like this first of all? I don't know about all of you but I'm looking forward to a swift end for this trend. 

There are some hidden platforms that are just fine because they aren't in sneaker form. A lot of pumps have a hidden platform in the toe which is a great thing because it brings the ball of your foot up a little higher so there isn't just a harsh angle on your foot. Embrace those hidden platforms (since they aren't really that hidden) and shun the sneaker form.

So, go forth and enjoy these trends (except for the last one!)! Most of them are just fine as long as they are done properly and they fit your unique body type well. Also, if you don't like a trend... don't wear it! If you don't like it, you won't wear it with confidence and it's not worth it. Trends are all well and good, but if you don't feel comfortable with it then it isn't for you.








No comments:

Post a Comment