Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Favorite Things Part 2

In the midst of preparing better and better posts (i.e. attempting to one up myself) I decided it would be a good time to do another "My Favorite Things" post! This one is a little shorter and kind of just happened to be predominantly make up. Not sure why, sometimes these things just happen. Favorite Things 2

1). BareMinerals Make-Up: This make-up is a new (VERY new) favorite. A couple months ago a friend and I decided on a whim to go do make-up trials for our weddings at BareMinerals and we were both hooked. It feels incredible on your skin, and for someone with very sensitive skin like myself it's absolutely a breath of fresh air. I was always skeptical of the coverage you could get from only using powder, but I was amazed when she finished. Also, it is 100% mineral with no fillers or gunk. It's not cheap, but it's worth it. Another fun little fact is that because it is 100% mineral you can actually sleep in it and not only will it not cause your face any problems but it doesn't rub off on your pillow. It's actually amazing. I love their face and eye primer too. It makes your face so soft and bright. Also, because it's powder and has no gunk in it it doesn't go rancid and it lasts a lot longer than liquid make-up.

2). Stella & Dot Jewelry: I am in love with this stuff. They have incredible style and great statement pieces as well as everyday jewelry. I love all three of those pieces I have up there and wish I could afford them. I get to borrow them every once and awhile from a stylist friend to help her advertise, and for now I'll have to be satisfied with that. I do plan on wearing Stella & Dot jewelry at my wedding though! If you love what you see check out www.stelladot.com/debbieleander and let my friend Debbie set you up with the greatest jewelry you'll ever see.

3). Rocket Dog Flats: I have a pair of silver raw silk Rocket Dog flats that I am absolutely in love with. They are one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I own and I have worn the tar out of those things. I will cry when I have to put them to rest. The great thing is that TJ Maxx and Marshalls often have Rocket Dog shoes.

4). Orange Nail Polish: There really isn't much to say except it's fun, flirty, and fabulous. I'm wearing it right now.

5). Nude Lips: Sorry for the pouty lips in your face, but I gotta do what I gotta do. I LOVE nude lip color. It's so classic and beautiful and simple. It's understated but pulls together any make up look you like. Also, it doesn't stain your lips.

6). My Long Yellow Pea-Coat: Mine is slightly different than this one, but you get the idea. It's one of my favorite coats I've owned. It's fun and bright but simple and it makes me happy. Isn't that kind of the point of clothes and fashion?

What are your favorite things? Tell me! Go! Now! Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment