Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Kate Middleton: Fashion Fit for a Queen

I'm not sure there is anyone who has been talked about more over the past year than Kate Middleton. Her style is impeccable, she's always smiling, and she seems to be handling her new life with grace and ease. I'll be honest with you, Kate's style wasn't all that amazing before she became the Future Mrs. Future King of England. She was normal. Totally normal. However, I gotta admit she has some of the greatest outfits out there right now and she's got a serious ability to wear some crazy little hats. Lets take a look through some of what I think are Kate's best looks.

Disclaimer: I apologize in advance for the quality of some of these pictures... just squint. 


I don't think anyone will disagree with me that she looked absolutely stunning on her wedding day. Her dress was incredibly classic and was the perfect dress for a future queen that doesn't seem to feel the desire to make a statement by breaking the rules. Her second dress was gorgeous too. 


I am in love with this whole outfit. That dress is the most perfect dress in the world. She is wearing nothing but black and white and she looks incredible. Seriously, is anyone else a little sad that we in the US of A don't get to wear hats like that?


Although the outfit on the left is also kind of awesome and super classic, I have been in love with this floral dress she wore (I believe during their tour to the US and Canada) earlier this year. It is absolutely gorgeous. This picture does not even get close to doing this dress justice, but believe me it's beautiful. The pale floral print is understated and classic. The nude shoe makes her legs look a mile long. Also, how in the world is still walking across the grass in heels like that and being so graceful?!


This is what I was talking about when I said that she is seriously skilled at wearing crazy hats. Not very many people could pull this fascinator off without looking like a character from Dr. Suess. Love the classic cream suit dressed up with the belt too.



I loved this whole outfit when she wore it. I think she was doing something like digging a hole or something. Yep, that's what I wear to dig holes. I love the red flower and netting. Also, her hair is gorgeous. 

The key to Kate's impeccable style is that she doesn't try too hard. She follows the guidelines set before her by the Royal Family and just adds little flashes of flare. For those of us who don't have a Royal Family setting fashion guidelines for us we can follow Kate's example by embracing the classic silhouette she wears so well and so often. Ever notice how often she wears wrap dresses or dresses with belts? Kate has a thin athletic build but she gives herself a classic feminine body style by cinching in her waist and making sure her dresses are not too short. If any of you can rock one of those hats, send me the picture. I want to see it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment