Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fashion For All Ages: 40's and Up

I'm often asked how I put outfits together. Friends say that they look at pieces of clothing and think "What the heck am I going to do with this?" So, in response to that I am going to put together a few different looks for different age groups. The first one I absolutely love, and it was inspired by my mom and her awesome style. If she had $2000 to spend on a sweater jacket I'm sure she would own the Ralph Lauren sweater featured in this post.

This outfit is a perfect casual fall/winter outfit for any woman in her forties or up. It's classy, gorgeous, and has a lot of subtle flare. I know I'm probably totally freaking some of you out with those leopard print gloves, but it's really amazing how much fun a little accent of leopard can be. It's technically a neutral, so have fun with it! Don't go overboard though. You don't want to end up looking like Janice from "Friends".

Little accents of color and print are great with classic pieces like the olive green sweater, dark classic jeans, and black pointed-toed pumps. The red purse and the leopard gloves give it a little pop of attitude without going overboard or making you look eccentric. An outfit like this is easily tailored to your own personal style and your specific body type. The jeans can be bootcut, straight cut, or wide legged depending on what looks best on you. Just make sure they stay dark. I love the pearls as an accessory for this outfit. You can't get anymore classic. The belt on this sweater will work wonders on any body type. The belt creates a great waist while the shape of the sweater will drape and flare away from the defined waist making you look awesome and hiding any potential belly fun that you want to hide. I included these great black sunglasses to add a touch of glam. However, not everyone's faces are made for sunglasses this big. Take your own face into account and buy glasses accordingly. You can get the same look with slightly smaller glasses because if your face is smaller they will still look big and glamorous!

I hope you've enjoyed the first post of Fashion for All Ages! If you love what you see or have any questions please feel free to contact me and we'll go from there.

1 comment: