Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fashion For All Ages: Easy for Moms Fall/Winter

There is one group of people that I absolutely cannot ignore: Mammas. My wonderful cousin Adria sent me a special request to put together some looks for young moms who don't want to look frumpy but can't necessarily wear heels during their normal day. Naturally, I was thrilled to do this for her and all the other young mammas I know and love. I put this look together with Adria in mind. She's adorable, fun, and the mother of three boys under seven years old (happy 6th birthday Tyler!). For those of you who fit in this category I want you to know that you can look as cute and adorable as you did before you had kids, and I promise you it won't take more than 5 minutes to put together because I know you don't have more than five minutes in the morning to make yourself look presentable for all that the day holds. I can't promise you won't have baby spit or chewed up food all over you, but I can promise you'll look awesome even if you do have food all over you. And, I promise you'll be comfortable!

Alright, here we go:


Easy For Moms: Fall/Winter

The beauty of this outfit is that at its core it is just a pair of straight leg black jeans (super dark wash would work just dandy too), a red t-shirt, and an awesome grey sweater jacket. This is super easy to put together in a hurry because you can really put together any color combo that you want, and t-shirts are easy to wash.

When it comes to jeans, the darker the better. Not only are darker jeans more slimming than lighter jeans, but they also look nicer and more put together. You don't have to go super dark or black all the time, but it will make it easier to go from running errands or hanging out with the kids to lunch or dinner out with the family or friends when your jeans are dark wash. Also, they will withstand little hands wiping leftover food all over them better than light wash.

In order to keep t-shirts from looking frumpy they need to be good fabric that isn't too thick and doesn't lose its shape too easily. My favorite t-shirts are at Target for 8 bucks. They are v-neck with a little pocket on them if you go look for them. One of the best things about them is that they keep their shape, fit perfectly, they are long, and they come in a bunch of different colors. This sweater jacket is great because it's super cute but doesn't have a ton of shape or detail to it so it is easy to pair with almost any top or pants. Just make sure you don't wear it with anything voluminous on the bottom.

So here's where the fun comes in: accessories! Good accessories make a simple outfit go from blah to pure awesome. I know some of you aren't as big of fans of leopard print as I am, but I cannot tell you how often I wear my leopard print flats. They make any simple outfit look like I spent hours putting it together. Not to mention the fact that they make me feel spunky, and what young mom doesn't need to feel spunky every once and awhile?  Oversized sunglasses add an instant and easy touch of glam. They are one of my absolute favorite accessories because I just feel awesome whenever I wear them. This bag is easy and simple but super cute. It can also handle anything you need to bring with you for the kids. Using a bag that has a strap that crosses over your body is a must because you can keep it on without it being in your way or killing your shoulder. I added this dark teal scarf just to add a little pop of a different color and to add just an extra touch to the outfit. This will also help the outfit still look like more than jeans and a t-shirt when you're not wearing the jacket.

So, does this seem doable my dear sweet mamma readers? Remember, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail me. I would love to help you in anyway I can. Have fun with it!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE love love. Where can I get some great black jeans that help hide the baby belly? ;) This is a helpful post. Thanks Ellie!

    ReplyDelete