Monday, December 19, 2011

Fashion For All Ages: Maternity for Everyone

I'm in a stage of my life where a lot of my friends are either starting families or expanding them. So, I decided to post a cute pregnancy outfit! A lot of my pregnant friends in their early twenties have complained to me that maternity clothes are designed for women in their mid to late thirties or early forties, and expressed frustration over not being able to find cute clothes that fit their expanding bellies. No worries dear pregnant friends, I have the solution. Target and H&M have absolutely adorable maternity clothes. I won't lie to you, sometimes I'm actually a little envious of what they have for pregnant women! Ok, so let me show you what I put together for you.

Preggers

This black sweater is currently at Target in the maternity section. It's adorable, and I almost bought it for myself even though I'm not pregnant. It's super soft and cozy and would be great for fall and winter. Also, it's long and fitted and has a little tie that goes over the belly and helps emphasize your smallest part. The jeans are just simple dark jeans. Like I've said before, dark jeans are always the most slimming and look the most put together. Thanks to stores like Target and H&M you can find maternity jeans that aren't ill-fitting and baggy, and they're also cheap!

The accessories for this outfit are super simple. I loved this blush pink knit scarf with the black, it just added a little bit of cutsie-ness (I've just decided that's a word) without much fuss. I wanted this outfit to be one that was easy to put together even if the baby in your belly isn't your first. I've used oversized sunglasses before and I put them in this outfit for the same reason I always do... they make you feel glamorous and put together with absolutely no effort. It's amazing how you can just have your hair in a pony-tail and put on a pair of oversized sunglasses and you feel and look like you planned the messy pony-tail. Slightly oversized bags are great especially if you have little kids because you can carry all the stuff you need to in them without carrying a giant and bulky diaper bag. Also, this one is just gorgeous and coordinates with the scarf without being matchy-matchy. When you're pregnant but want to look a little more dressy and cute than just wearing flip-flops, flats are the answer. I thought these little ivory flats with the black trim and bow were super cute. They have just the right amount of flare without being too dramatic or fussy.

This outfit may not look like anything special, but it'll make you look absolutely wonderful at any stage of your pregnancy. I can't promise it will cure morning sickness, but it might help!

1 comment: