Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Favorite Things: First Edition.

There are a few things in my life that would make me cry if they ever went away. I decided I would be nice and generous and share these things with you every once and awhile. Most of these things are pictures of the actual items I love, but some of them are as close to them as I could find online. Hopefully you enjoy all these items as much as I do!

Favorite Things 1

1). My red plaid shirt from Target. I have two of these (one in blue) and I wear them all the time. I wear them with jeans, shorts, buttoned up, unbuttoned over a tank-top or t-shirt, sleeves long, sleeves rolled-up... there are endless ways to enjoy this shirt! Last night I actually wore it over a little black dress. I buttoned one of the middle buttons and then scrunched it up a little and tied it in a knot in the front. You can have so much fun with plaid shirts and they don't have to be worn with only cowboy boots and a big belt buckle (although, if you can pull it off.... do it).

2). Peter Coppola shampoo and conditioner. I found this shampoo and conditioner at TJ Maxx one day and thought "Hmm... this smells good and looks like it might be really good." I later found out that it is actually a really nice product and at TJ Maxx it's about $15 cheaper than online. I use the Argon Oil shampoo and the Keratin infused conditioner and my hair has never been softer or healthier looking. My hair is growing longer faster and the last time I went to get my hair trimmed my friend (and hair stylist) said that it looked like I had just gotten my hair trimmed when in fact it had been about two months. The ends of my hair look smooth and amazing even though I use a blow dryer everyday and a straightening iron almost every day. Did I mention it smells amazing too?

3). Oversized tortoise-shell sunglasses. These are Tom Ford and about 400 bucks... However, I got mine at Target for 16 bucks. I wear them all the time and absolutely love them. They are sturdy and wonderful and look fabulous. They glam up every outfit with absolutely no effort. Also, when you've gotten up at an ungodly hour they cover your puffy eyes.

4). Gap Straight jeans. When you are well-endowed in your thigh area sometimes skinny jeans are super tough to make look flattering. However, these straight jeans are the answer to your skinny jean woes. They are narrow so they have the same great look in boots without being too tight on your calves. They look great with heels or flats too.

5). Scarves. I LOVE scarves. I have a whole drawer full of them that won't close most of the time. I also love green. I have four different green scarves and I wear them more than any of my other ones (shhh... don't tell them I said that!). I could go on and on about scarves, but for your sake I'll just say scarves are a great asset and they can be very cheap so have fun with them.

6). Long stripy t-shirts. They are cute and comfy and work with jeans or leggings and I love them. This one is from Anthropologie, but you can find them almost anywhere.

7). Naked eyeshadow pallet from Urban Decay. This eyeshadow pallet is at Sephora and it's the best I've ever had. The eyeshadows are all gorgeous and feel and look good. They wear really well and it also comes with a little sample of their eyeshadow primer which is also awesome. It's 42 bucks and worth every penny. If you think about how much an individual eye shadow costs this is a really great deal.

8). Faux leather jacket. I have 3 different faux leather jackets and one of them I have worn so much it actually has holes in it. I found two of them at Target and one at Marshalls (one is purple and has ruffles!). Target has super cute faux leather jackets every fall and they really do last a long time. The one I have that is now hole-y is about 3 or 4 years old and I have worn it A LOT.

9). Leopard print flats. If you have been reading this blog at all it will not be a surprise to you that leopard print flats made it on this list. Seriously though, they are awesome and so versatile. I wear my leopard print flats about every other day. You can wear a super simple outfit and then throw on those flats and everything is suddenly fashionable.

I hope you find something you love in this list too. I promise you that I use all of these items all the time and they are wonderful. I will be posting more of my favorite things periodically. If you have favorite things that you want featured on here send me an e-mail and I'll check it out and do what I can to get it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment