Sunday, December 25, 2011

New Years Eve Glitter Done Right

Since the new year is fast approaching I thought i'd put together a little New Years Eve outfit that doesn't make you look like Snookie. You can look cute and sparkly at your New Years Eve parties without looking like you forgot your pants. Since it's also Christmas day right now, I will keep this short and sweet.

New Years Eve

I really like the idea of one sparkly statement piece (the skirt) and keeping everything else really simple. I loved this skirt because it has just the right amount of new years eve sparkle without being skin tight or over the top. Paired with a basic white tanktop and the fitted black blazer it's absolutely perfect. Notice that I said FITTED black blazer. This is not supposed to look like you just borrowed your dates jacket. I would recommend wearing simple black tights with this skirt, just to give yourself a little more coverage. These black pumps will blend right in with your tights and make your legs look a mile long (and who doesn't want that?). I included the blush pink clutch and the mint green necklace just to add some color, but you could easily keep it all black, white, and silver if you wanted to. I really like the idea of chunky jewelry with this look since the outfit is pretty streamlined. Just make sure that if you have small features or a short neck that you lessen the chunkiness. Make the jewelry a little smaller but with that same chunky feel.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! If you put together any great party outfits and want to show them please e-mail me a picture, I would love to put up some pictures of what our readers are putting together on their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment